BHC Love Stories: Series #2
Basin Harbor Club Love Stories: A lifetime of memories at our Vermont resort.
Everyone loves a good love story. And we get to share lots of stories every year. Vacationing at here at Basin Harbor is so much more than a visit. It can be an experience, a destination, a story even a love story; between families, friends (new and old) and newlyweds. But how can a vacation be a love story? There are so many facets of Basin Harbor that make annual visits special, so many nuances that you take for granted. Many times we find ourselves telling people that you “just won’t get it” unless you are here at BHC. So how better to explain the experience to you than to share some of our favorite “love stories”.
#2 Story is Elizabeth & Ford Barker.
1. When did you start coming to Basin Harbor? Officially, our first stay at Basin Harbor was our wedding in June 2012, but Elizabeth grew up spending time with her family right across Lake Champlain in Westport, New York, so she visited BHC often! In fact, there is the perfect view of the North Dock tent right from her grandparents’ house—a cheerful sight!
2. Why did you start vacationing at BHC? We started a tradition of returning for our anniversary each year. It is fun to relive our favorite parts of having our wedding at Basin Harbor—the setting, the people and the spirited cheerfulness that defines the Basin Harbor experience.
3. What keeps you coming back? Coming to BHC is a true getaway because it is a world unto itself. There is no reason to leave because everything we need is right there. There are several dining and recreation options, enough to keep each day fun and interesting and satisfy our every vacation desire. Most of all, it’s the people—or really, family—of staff at Basin Harbor that make it particularly exciting to return. There is a consistency of familiar faces and an environment of reliability and warmth that is truly unparalleled by any other place we have visited.
4. What one thing makes you smile when you think of BHC? The majestic backdrop of Lake Champlain makes us smile and is a mental picture we carry with us all the time!
5. How has BHC affected or changed yourself/your family/vacation time? Now that we have our son, Basin Harbor has evolved into the dream family vacation. There is the perfect balance of fun, activity and rustic charm along with a luxurious and relaxing setting that is ideal for any age or stage.
Tradition and family are important in this busy world. And Basin Harbor Club & Resort understands that. Our tradition is provide exceptional hospitality year after year. For 129 years in fact. Visit basinharbor.com to learn more. #mybhc #vermontvacations #family #senseofplace #802