No Bake Coconut Pecan Pralines
The hardest thing about this cookie is the decision on how big to make them. Yes, they are sweet but oh so good. From a favorite food blogger: Confessions of A Cookbook Queen
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut and pecans; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium high heat, stir sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full rolling boil — let boil and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut and pecan mixture. Stir off the heat for about 4 minutes, until mixture starts to cool and thicken.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on wax paper. Let harden completely — about an hour to an hour and a half — before serving.
Makes about 20 large cookies.