Top 5 Questions to Find a Perfect Family Vacation
There’s nothing like a family vacation for celebrating—and deepening—the bonds between you and your loved ones. Sure, we enact those bonds in our day-to-day lives, but a communal getaway really puts the focus on togetherness: experiencing beautiful places, engaging in fun activities, or simply reveling in some blissful, open-ended shared downtime (what a luxury!).
But where to go and what to do to fashion the perfect family vacation? Here are some questions to ask yourself and your nearest-and-dearest to make it happen…
1. Do you want a destination that offers a lot of different activities? If you’ve got a large (or easily bored) family, you may well want plenty of variety when it comes to things to do in your vacation spot.
2. Are you mostly looking for peace and quiet: a place where you and the fam can just talk, relax, play board games or cards, or simply see where the afternoon or evening takes you?
3. Does your family encompass a wide variety of interests and preferences, or is everybody basically into the same thing?
4. What sort of setting are you after? Urban, rustic, wild? Seashore or mountains, lakeshore or deep woods, cosmopolitan city or charming village? Or is the physical environment less important than the accommodations, amenities, or entertainment that the locale offers?
5. Is your family more interested in indoor or outdoor activities—or do you prefer a mix?
Whether you need stimulation or serenity, a fantastic lineup of activities or on-site dining, lovely scenery or simply the resources to handle a big old gaggle of kith and kin, consider Basin Harbor! Our Lake Champlain resort—family-owned from Day One, mind you—has everything you need for an unforgettable getaway with your loved ones, whatever sort of getaway you’re after.
We hope to see you and the whole gang in 2017!