WE’RE ACTIVELY REDUCING OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
Our mission is to ensure our lakeside resort on Lake Champlain remains as beautiful today as it did over a century ago. We believe in the importance of sustainability so when Audubon Society grew their program to include green resort grounds, we enrolled the entire property to achieve “green hotels in Vermont” status.
We are a proud member of Green Hotels in the Green Mountain State. The Green Hotel designation reflects a commitment to pollution prevention and exemplary environmental stewardship through the development of an environmental plan.
Fourth Generation Host, Bob Beach Jr., has frequently described the family’s legacy as having been stewards of the land since 1803, “We are dedicated to preserving and improving our 700 acres of tranquility and reducing the carbon footprint on a local and global level.”
Our conservation efforts make up a larger initiative we call the BASIN Project. The BASIN Project includes:
- Striving toward Environmental Sustainability
- Composting all food waste, saving 60,000 tons from landfills and creating a welcome supplement for the resort’s gardens.
- LED light bulbs to conserve electricity
- Low flow toilets reducing our water waste
- The outdoor pool is heated by solar panels
- Data Furnace
- The laundry equipment, washer/extractors and iron-er, have variable speed drives, and evaporators have ECMs
- Electric Auto Program: Six Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, including three Tesla Charging Stations
- Efficiency Program including solar and bio-fuel
- Forestry Plan
- Renewable Plan
Basin Harbor Resort & Boat Club is also committed to supporting local farmers and purveyors and using their produce in our daily dining.