Response Plan & FAQs
We are opening this season on May 21, 2021!
At Basin Harbor, we believe in finding time to be still, even in a fast paced world. Here on the relaxing shores of Lake Champlain we practice what we like to call “active tranquility.” You can do as little or as much as you want in a day here at the resort. We encourage you to “have a little fun every day,” and you get to decide whether that means taking a kayak for a spin, trying your skills at wake surfing, heading out for a bike ride on trails or rolling country roads, or enjoying quiet time on your cottage deck with views of the Adirondack Mountains. There are so many ways that you can take a deep breath and find tranquility at Basin Harbor. Even with the myriad challenges we have all faced this year, we have so much to be thankful for. We are thankful for family, for nature, for our guests, and our incredible community here in Vermont.
Our team is working hard to provide the safest environment possible for our guests and staff. We are dedicated to offering you the authentic hospitality you have come to know and love at Basin Harbor. We are all in this together and are here to support each other. Reach out to us with any questions you have, we are here for you. The information that follows is subject to change, may be modified based on occupancy levels, and will be updated as often as possible. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions that might be helpful:
Traveling to Basin Harbor from Outside Vermont
If I am coming from out of state, am I allowed to stay at Basin Harbor?
The best way to find up-to-date information on the State of Vermont’s guidelines is to head to the official state website
For Vaccinated Guests: Great news! If you have been vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine to travel to Vermont or return to Vermont, as long as at least 14 days have passed since you received your final vaccine dose.
Not-yet Vaccinated Guests: You can still travel to Vermont, but you must receive a negative test:
- As of 4/9, unvaccinated people must have a COVID-19 test within 3 days before arriving to Vermont
- Starting on 6/1, it is anticipated that there will not be any testing or quarantine requirements before visting Vermont. This date is subject to change, per the guidelines outlined in the Vermont Forward Plan.
Are you hosting large group events on property? What are Vermont’s regulations?
Having groups meet, reconnect, unwind, and share in momentous occasions is at the heart of what we do here at Basin Harbor. This has been a challenging time for gatherings, but we are doing our best to keep up with the information from the government and provide our guests with the safest experience possible.
- We have been working closely with guests hosting large group events at Basin Harbor to adjust size, increase physical distancing opportunities by hosting gatherings outdoors, or postponing to next season. We appreciate how flexible groups have been in this matter. We all have a common goal in mind- to convene and celebrate together when we can do so safely! Contact your sales manager to discuss options.
Sanitization & Safety
What additional sanitation and safety measures will be in place at Basin Harbor?
The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. We will be following all guidelines as laid out by the CDC and the Vermont Department of Health to maintain the highest possible standards of cleanliness and sanitation. Every guest touch point and interaction has been considered.
- Required use of face coverings for staff and guests within 6 feet of another person outside of their trusted family unit
- Required use of gloves for staff determined by needs of the task that they are performing
- Installation of automatic hand sanitizer dispensers in public spaces
- Amplified public space and private meeting space sanitation schedules
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces
- Availability of sanitation supplies for use in any public space
- Employees will not be permitted to work if they exhibit signs/symptoms consistent with infection
- All guests must certify compliance with Vermont state regulations, within the 24-hour window prior to arrival or at check-in
- Absolute quarantining of guest/staff showing signs or expressing that they have symptoms
- Addition of signage and standard markings in public spaces to ensure social distancing
Are there new policies surrounding housekeeping services in guest accommodations? May I request “no service” if that is what I prefer?
We are here to serve. We want you to feel safe and relaxed during your time at Basin Harbor. That being said, please alert us as to your level of comfort with housekeepers entering your accommodation.
- We are happy to offer daily or limited housekeeping service.
- If you elect to have no housekeeping or other staff entry to your accommodation during your stay:
- Please call or text us if you need additional linens, towels, or guest supplies. These will be delivered to your accommodation and left at your door by a staff member wearing a mask.
- If you have trash that needs to be picked up, please place the bag(s) outside of your accommodation between 9am and 2pm and it will be picked up.
- If you are requesting an amenity or food & beverage item(s) to be delivered to your accommodation, these items will be dropped off at your door by a staff member wearing a mask. We request that you be present in the accommodation for this delivery so that food does not sit outside, and so that you can sign a check if it is applicable.
- Reduced number of staff in accommodations during service
- Housekeepers to change gloves between servicing accommodations
- Removal of “high touch” items from guest accommodations (ie. magazines, pens, pads, etc.)
Check-in Process, Communication & Guest Service, Check-out Process
What are the options for check-in? Do I have to visit the lobby and front desk?
While we would love to see you when you get here. You don’t have to come into the lobby to check-in. Our team is arranging low-touch options for this process. Please just let us know what your preference is in advance of your arrival. Our Front Desk will be equipped with a plexiglass barrier for enhanced safety.
- Pre-arrival calls to verify all plans for your stay and ascertain approximate arrival time so we can expedite low-touch check-in when you get to Basin Harbor
- Text us as you are getting close to Basin Harbor – our staff will greet you outside the lodge (at a social distance and with proper PPE). Check-in packet and sanitized keys may be picked up curbside or made available in your accommodation upon arrival
- All materials you receive will be sanitized in advance of your arrival or will be single use/recyclable, such as our paper resort maps
- Surfaces at the front desk will be sanitized between guest use and computers, phones and supplies will be cleaned repeatedly throughout shift
- Staff will sanitize hands and pens between each guest interaction
How do I make plans to do things while I am on property? May I speak to a concierge?
- Guides and menus will take the form of single-use paper flyers this season. These will provide information about this season’s services as well as any contact phone/text numbers you will need. Paper items will be recycled by housekeeping after each stay
- Text messages will be sent out with information about daily activities on property
- We will have a concierge on staff that you may visit with from a social distance, call to make reservations, or you are welcome to send us a text message for anything you need
- The website is an excellent resource for learning about dining outlet availability and our activity schedule
- You can sign-up for activities online through Mindbody or ask our Concierge for help
May I rent a golf cart during my stay? Will bellmen still be available for rides around the property and to help me and my family as needed?
- Yes, carts are available for private rental. Please call in advance to reserve one for your stay
- Bellstaff will be available for transportation around property in golf carts or mini vans, and will be wearing appropriate PPE
- All vehicles will be sanitized between uses
- Delivery of firewood, ice, food & beverage amenities, and help starting fires etc. remain part of the duties of our Housemen and Bellstaff. We are happy to assist you to your level of comfort, whether that is to the interior of your cottage or to the door
What about check-out? Will we have to go to the lobby?
- You will not be required to visit the lobby in person to check out. You may call or text us to notify us that you are leaving
- An itemized statement of your charges will be delivered to your accommodation the night before departure, or your folio can be emailed to you. Let us know your preference
- Your final, zero balance statement will be emailed to you
Food & Beverage
What dining outlets are available for me to enjoy as a member of the community or during my stay?
All of our menus for 2021 are available now on the website.
Things have changed, but we are offering some amazing NEW options. We know that your meals at Basin Harbor are an important part of your experience and we can promise that they will be more delicious than ever!
- Ardelia’s (our Main Dining Room) is open for breakfast and breakfast takeout/delivery. Ardelia’s buffet is modified to include action stations where a member of the Basin Harbor staff serves guests.
- Dinner on select nights will be served in Ardelia’s mid-June through fall.
- The Red Mill Restaurant is open for Lunch and Dinner.
- Outdoor dining, takeout and delivery will be available at The Red Mill
- There is a tent outside of The Red Mill with picnic tables that we will offer table side service!
- We will also have a QR code for the Red Mill menu so you can look at it on your phone instead of a physical menu
- In addition to sushi and the food truck that we launched in 2020, we will be doing pizza takeout in 2021
- The Breezeway gift shop near the front desk is becoming the Breezeway Cafe, a grab-n-go coffee shop!
- Physical removal of tables and chairs in dining/bar areas to enable social distancing
- Increased outdoor seating availability property wide
- Adjusted menus and service techniques to meet guidelines and to safeguard the dining experience for guests
Recreational Activities & Other Offerings
What are the changes to activities available at Basin Harbor?
With 700 acres, Basin Harbor is the ideal place to social distance and have fun while doing it. Everything about our property encourages you to explore and get outside while you are here. Lake Champlain, the natural beauty of Vermont and the Adirondack Mountains will be an amazing backdrop while you get a breath of fresh air this summer. All of our standard activities will be available to you- hiking, biking, swimming, and tennis to name a few.
- Golf is back for 2021
- Massage services will not be offered in 2021
- The pool is open; lounge chairs will be spaced further apart. There is a staff member sanitizing pool chairs.
- Limited number of sign-ups for indoor classes at the fitness studio
- Increased outdoor classes on the weekly schedule as instructor availability allows
- Amplified sanitation schedule of entire wellness center, including deep cleaning more regularly
- Availability of sanitation supplies for use in Treehouse Wellness Center
- Our children’s programming will be coming back this year with the following format for guests and members:
Advance sign-up will be required via MindBody on our website. These programs are $12 per hour ($24 for 2hr. or $36 for 3hr) for guests and members. Children not on a dinner meal plan would be charged the cost of their food during dinner camp. Programming may be cancelled if there are no sign-ups 48-hours in advance and 24-hour notice is required for cancellations after sign-up. No-Shows will be charged.
- Children’s programming will be offered 4 days per week, June 12- September 4:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
- Two age Groups: 3-8 and 9-13 year olds
- Two Sessions Per Group Per Day, Limited to 16 children each:
- 3-8 year olds:
- 9a-12p: Morning Camp (lunch not included)
- 5p-8p: Dinner Camp
- 9-13 year olds:
- 1:30p-3:30p: Afternoon Camp
- 5p-8p: Dinner Camp
- 3-8 year olds:
- Children’s programming will be offered 4 days per week, June 12- September 4:
Postponement Opportunities & Cancellation Policy
What is the cancellation policy for existing and new reservations? We still want to come to Basin Harbor. What are our options to postpone our stay?
- Existing leisure reservations are subject to a 14-day cancellation policy. We understand there may be concerns around travel this year; if you need to cancel, we will gladly move your deposit to comparable dates in 2022 based on availability.
- Basin Harbor will be here when the time is right for you. We want you to be able to enjoy your stay. If you decide that you need to postpone your trip, we understand. Please call our team at 1-800-622-4000
Are there any other things I should know about COVID-19 and Basin Harbor?
We understand how it may be daunting to think about travel during all of this. Basin Harbor is a place where you can spread out and stay safe, while still enjoying a variety of activities. Or, you can sit on the deck of your cottage and soak in the natural beauty. We are doing everything possible to ensure a safe, clean and exceptional experience. We guarantee you will see our attentiveness in the way we operate with your safety in mind. Please stay tuned to our website for updates as it relates to procedures and out of state visitor guidelines. We hope to see you soon!