Basin Harbor Updates
Our dedicated team at Basin Harbor has worked hard to develop procedures for the 2020 season that focus on the safety of our guests and staff. We want to make sure that you are as informed as possible about our response to COVID-19 at Basin Harbor. Please see our FAQ at the following link outlining the most up-to-date details: Basin Harbor COVID FAQ
August 11, 2020
We are having a wonderful summer here at Basin Harbor. Of course, there have been adjustments to make sure our guests and staff are safe (read about our safety protocols in the FAQ), but we are all having a lot of fun here at the resort! We have some amazing new culinary options and outdoor dining is available at every meal. Take out and delivery menus have also been amplified for the season. NEW things you need to check out: The Basin Harbor-cue Food Truck is open daily either at the waterfront or near the pool and we also have a sushi bar, Mizuchi Sushi, right on our lodge deck that is open for lunch and dinner every day. Our culinary program is getting rave reviews this summer! This season more than ever, we are grateful for the beautiful nature that surrounds us, the wide-open spaces, and the always inviting Lake Champlain to keep us cool on these summer days. Our guests have been enjoying adventures on hikes, bikes, boats, you name it! We have reconnected with guests that have been visiting for decades and have also had the opportunity to introduce some new folks to our slice of heaven here in Vermont.
Summer is in full swing and we look forward to having incredible weather through the fall. September will be a fantastic time to visit us if you haven’t yet. We’d love for you to fully escape, but if you need to stay connected- WiFi is complimentary and available throughout the property for remote school or work. If you promise to take a break once in a while to enjoy the views, consider Basin Harbor your new office. Hope to see you soon!
May 19, 2020
Basin Harbor plans to have a delayed opening date of Friday, June 26th. While our team is still finalizing how our operations need to look and feel in order to provide the safest environment for our staff and our guests, we want to continuously update you on what will and will not be available this year. Friday’s announcements by the Governor of Vermont gave us more direction – and we feel that opening at the end of June will certainly give us time to help us minimize risks. We are in the process of working on an FAQ page that will outline changes to our operations for the season and be a way to quickly reference what you need to know for your visit.
Here is a quick breakdown of what we plan on having available at opening – additional services will be added if they are safe to resume and if we are able. When we open we will start with:
- Occupying cottages and accommodations with their own exterior entrances
- Ardelia’s will have breakfast available daily – restaurant seating and spacing will be based on the occupancy percentage as outlined by the government at the time of opening, there will be designated seating times with a take-out/delivery option
- The Red Mill will serve lunch and dinner daily – we will seat as much of the inside as we are allowed, and have outdoor seating, as well as take-out/delivery options
- Tennis courts will be open – we have a pro coming for the season
- Waterfront will be open
- We plan on having the pool open
- Bikes will be available for rent – we have a brand new fleet of Specialized bikes this year
- We will be operating EScape tours with a limited number of guests on board, based on social distancing guidance
- Kid’s Camp is not being offered, but private babysitting will be
- Nightly Bingo, Family Feud, etc. will not be offered as we start the season
- Live bands have been cancelled at this time
The last few months have tested us all and we have been thinking about you – our guests and our community. It has been amazing to see how supportive and kind everyone has been as we all face challenges that have never presented themselves before. While we won’t have golf, and some of our other usual offerings, we will be here to welcome guests to this special corner of the world, and to make you feel at home, and at peace…on the shores of Lake Champlain. We have 700 acres to enjoy – what better place to practice “social distancing.” See you soon!
April 21, 2020
We hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy. We want to thank you for keeping in touch with us as the world adapts to the current situation. Please know that Basin Harbor is here for you, too. As we are each year, Basin Harbor is currently closed to guests for the winter season. A limited and dedicated Basin Harbor team is working from home. We appreciate your patience as we navigate changes during this challenging time.
Basin Harbor is working closely with State of Vermont leadership to set new standards for hospitality with regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are monitoring both State, Federal and global government officials and health organizations, including the Vermont Department of Health, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization to maintain the highest standards of prevention. Precautionary measures are being implemented throughout the resort. The safety of our guests and our staff is our top priority.
As of now, Basin Harbor plans to take the following preventative measures. Details are likely to be modified as guidance is finalized and disseminated by health organizations and the government:
- Implement resort-wide controls to identify cases and reduce transmission
- Daily health check self-certification of staff members before each shift
- Daily implementation/submission of questionnaire with 4-8 questions regarding signs/symptoms
- Employees will be permitted to work if there are no sign or symptoms consistent with infection
- Health check self-certification of guests at check-in
- Pre-arrival email form with 4-8 questions regarding signs/symptoms
- Certification to also take place at check-in
- Daily health check self-certification of staff members before each shift
- Absolute quarantining of guest/staff showing signs or expressing that they have symptoms
- Required use of face coverings for staff
- Required use of gloves for staff
- Remote check-in opportunities away from the lobby to allow for further social distancing
- Physical removal of tables and chairs in dining/bar areas to increase distancing
- Adjusted menus and food service techniques to meet forthcoming guidelines and to safeguard the dining experience
- Amplified public space and private meeting space sanitation schedules
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces
- Installation of automatic hand sanitizer dispensers in public spaces
- Reduction in housekeeping service for rooms & cottages, at the request of guests
We are all in this together and are here to support each other. Please reach out to us with any questions. We’ll always be your special place, the getaway you need, when the time is right.
April 10, 2020
We are happy to report that as of today the Governor of Vermont is allowing lodging properties to take reservations for future stays. Basin Harbor is now able to accept new reservations for June 15, 2020 and later. Our reservations team is working to follow up with any guests that have contacted us recently to place a future reservation. We appreciate your patience and even more importantly your positivity!
We will be sure to keep this page updated with any news or changes as we learn more each day. We have welcomed guests to Basin Harbor since 1886. Traditions bring us together, and hold us together. All tradition needs is people who care and a special place. That place is at the end of a winding country road, on the shores of Lake Champlain, in the beautiful state of Vermont. A place called Basin Harbor.
We look forward to welcoming you to the lake again.
The Beach Family