Lake Champlain + The Green Mountains + The Adirondacks + 138 years of superb hospitality + 700 acres of lakefront property = The Perfect Summer Job.
We’re so glad that you have considered joining our team. We go to great lengths to find the best people we can, and it shows in guest comments on friendly, helpful staff. We strive to not only provide excellent customer service to our guests but also remember that often our fellow staff members are our customers too. We hope if you join us this summer you’ll have the opportunity to explore this great state of ours. There is a lot to see and do here even though we’re a small state and because of that, too things are fairly close by.
Our goal every season is everyone works hard yet plays hard this summer at BH!
Pennie Beach and Robert Beach Jr, 4th Generation Hosts
The Basin Harbor family combines a century old tradition of exceptional hospitality and the natural beauty of Lake Champlain with the talents of our team, to enliven the senses and create memorable experiences. Many of our guests have been visiting us for seasons for the very reason that we help to make memories with exceptional service and this beautiful landscape. Our staff are a big part of our success.
Basin Harbor employs approximately 300 seasonal employees each year. We are proud to welcome back many of our seasonal employees again and again.
Your role as an employee is an important one. You can contribute much to the success of Basin Harbor.
Whenever guest opportunities arise, we empower you to always make service decisions based on what the best outcome can be for our guests.
We encourage you to participate in the process by being creative and pro-actively seeking solutions.
We encourage you to exceed the guest’s expectations. A positive “can do” attitude can make a good guest experience a great guest experience.
So Much To Do. Kayak. Canoe. Swim. Tennis. Run. Walk. Bike. Pitch. Putt. Work Out. Yoga. Nature Trails. Badminton. Soccer. Frisbee. Basketball. Relax. Read. Nap. Shop. Explore. Hike.
Enjoy your summer fun at BH!
While off duty, employees may enjoy the following amenities:
- Use of the Waterfront – Employees of Basin Harbor are permitted to recreate at the waterfront area. During very busy times, staff should refrain from utilizing the waterfront area. Swimming in our beautiful lake is of course a benefit to working at BH. Rides on our tour boat, The Escape are available subject to availability. Kayaks, Canoes, and SUPs are available at no charge.
- Shopping: Employees receive a 20% discount on all items except immediately consumable food and some merchandise in the Gift Shop and Harbor Store.
- Wireless Internet: Our property is equipped with Wireless Internet.
- Restaurants: 20% discount on dining at the Red Mill, Main Dining Room, or North Dock.
- Wellness Center: Our fitness center is available to employees from noon to 10pm. Fitness Classes such as Yoga and Pilates are offered to employees at no cost, but are subject to availability.
- Reduced rates at certain resorts and hotels across the US. As a member of the Historic Hotels of America (HHA) and Resort Hotels of America (RHA) we can offer discounted rates to our employees at other properties across the US.
At BH, there is a “guest first” policy. Staff are expected to be friendly, helpful and courteous whether on or off duty.
Each week the Human Resources coordinates staff trips into town, to Burlington or a nearby shopping area for those staff who do not have access to their own transportation.
Basin Harbor has housing for a limited number of staff. An employee must live at least 30 miles away from property or be in a key position to be considered for onsite housing. You also must be at least 18 years of age to live in any housing units. Our rooms range in size from singles to rooms housing four people. Most of the accommodations are dorms, with some cottage style housing available on property. Basin Harbor offers male/female rooms as well as coed living arrangements. Motel style housing is located about 10 miles from Basin Harbor, is also available for staff that have transportation.
We have resident assistants for all our housing units. They are available to address your housing needs and enforce our Basin Harbor Housing Agreement. The resident assistant will also act as a liaison between employee and the Human Resource Department to ensure employee concerns are heard and acted on.
Room and Board is $95.00/week and includes all meals. All staff that fulfill their term of work will be eligible for an end of season bonus of $10.00 for every week worked, contingent on housing unit being left in satisfactory condition.
Smoking is not allowed in any of the employee housing. Housing is never guaranteed. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
- Keep rooms, bathrooms and shared living spaces neat and clean.
- Be friendly and courteous to our guests and fellow staff members.
- Take your job seriously and strive to do your best at all times.
- Be helpful and flexible at all times.
- Respect your neighbors by not playing music loudly, engaging in illegal activities, violating housing rules and agreements.
Staff who reside in housing are provided with 3 meals a day. Meals are served buffet style in the Staff Dining Room at the Lodge. All staff are expected to bus their own dishes and utensils and keep the dining room and buffet area picked-up. The Chef makes an effort to prepare meals that are varied, healthy, and good to eat and encourages your suggestions and comments. Staff who do not live on property have the option to purchase a meal plan and dine in the Staff Dining Room.
What To Bring
Spending your summer at Basin Harbor is much like heading off to college. We can provide linens and towels for you but feel free to bring your own if you prefer. The rooms will be furnished with dressers, chair, nightstand, lighting, bed and pillow. We suggest that you not bring valuables with you. It is the employee’s responsibility to lock their room. BH is not responsible for any lost or stolen goods.