Lake Champlain + The Green Mountains + The Adirondacks + 138 years of superb hospitality + 700 acres of lakefront property = The Perfect Summer Job.
We’re so glad that you have considered joining our team. We go to great lengths to find the best people we can, and it shows in guest comments on friendly, helpful staff. We strive to not only provide excellent customer service to our guests but also remember that often our fellow staff members are our customers too. We hope if you join us this summer you’ll have the opportunity to explore this great state of ours. There is a lot to see and do here even though we’re a small state and because of that, too things are fairly close by.
Our goal every season is everyone works hard yet plays hard this summer at BH!
Pennie Beach and Robert Beach Jr, 4th Generation Hosts
The Basin Harbor family combines a century old tradition of exceptional hospitality and the natural beauty of Lake Champlain with the talents of our team, to enliven the senses and create memorable experiences. Many of our guests have been visiting us for seasons for the very reason that we help to make memories with exceptional service and this beautiful landscape. Our staff are a big part of our success.
Basin Harbor employs approximately 300 seasonal employees each year. We are proud to welcome back many of our seasonal employees again and again.
Your role as an employee is an important one. You can contribute much to the success of Basin Harbor.
Whenever guest opportunities arise, we empower you to always make service decisions based on what the best outcome can be for our guests.
We encourage you to participate in the process by being creative and pro-actively seeking solutions.
We encourage you to exceed the guest’s expectations. A positive “can do” attitude can make a good guest experience a great guest experience.
So Much To Do. Kayak. Canoe. Swim. Tennis. Run. Walk. Bike. Pitch. Putt. Work Out. Yoga. Nature Trails. Badminton. Soccer. Frisbee. Basketball. Relax. Read. Nap. Shop. Explore. Hike.
Enjoy your summer fun at BH!
While off duty, employees may enjoy the following amenities:
- Use of the Waterfront – Employees of Basin Harbor are permitted to recreate at the waterfront area. During very busy times, staff should refrain from utilizing the waterfront area. Swimming in our beautiful lake is of course a benefit to working at BH. Rides on our tour boat, The Escape are available subject to availability. Kayaks, Canoes, and SUPs are available at no charge.
- Shopping: Employees receive a 20% discount on all items except immediately consumable food and some merchandise in the Gift Shop and Harbor Store.
- Wireless Internet: Our property is equipped with Wireless Internet.
- Restaurants: 20% discount on dining at the Red Mill, Main Dining Room, or North Dock.
- Wellness Center: Our fitness center is available to employees from noon to 10pm. Fitness Classes such as Yoga and Pilates are offered to employees at no cost, but are subject to availability.
- Reduced rates at certain resorts and hotels across the US. As a member of Resort Hotels of America (RHA) and New England Inns and Resorts Association (NERIA) we can offer discounted rates to our employees at other properties across the US.
At BH, there is a “guest first” policy. Staff are expected to be friendly, helpful and courteous whether on or off duty.
Each week the Human Resources coordinates staff trips into town, to Burlington or a nearby shopping area for those staff who do not have access to their own transportation.
At Basin Harbor, we believe in creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for our staff. We offer housing options for our team members, and here are the details:
- Onsite Housing: We have limited housing available for our staff. To be considered for onsite housing, you either need to live at least 30 miles away from our property or hold a key position within our team. Please note that you must be at least 18 years old to reside in our housing units. Our accommodations range from single rooms to units that can house up to four people. We have dorm-style living options and even some cozy cottage-style housing on the property. Plus, we offer both male/female and coed living arrangements. For those with transportation, we also have motel-style housing located about 10 miles from Basin Harbor.
- Resident Assistants: Your comfort and needs are important to us. That’s why we have dedicated resident assistants for all our housing units. They are here to assist you with any housing-related concerns and ensure that everyone adheres to our Basin Harbor Housing Agreement. Additionally, they act as a bridge between you and our Human Resource Department to ensure that any employee concerns are heard and addressed promptly.
- Room and Board: For just $105.00 per week, you’ll receive room and board, which includes all your meals. As an extra perk, all staff who complete their work term will be eligible for an end-of-season bonus of $10.00 for every week worked, provided that the housing unit is left in a satisfactory condition.
- No Smoking: Please note that smoking or vaping is not allowed in any of our employee housing units.
While we cannot guarantee housing for everyone, we are committed to doing our best to accommodate all requests. We want your experience at Basin Harbor to be enjoyable and memorable, and our housing options are designed to make you feel right at home. We look forward to having you as part of our team!
- Keep rooms, bathrooms and shared living spaces neat and clean.
- Be friendly and courteous to our guests and fellow staff members.
- Take your job seriously and strive to do your best at all times.
- Be helpful and flexible at all times.
- Respect your neighbors by not playing music loudly, engaging in illegal activities, violating housing rules and agreements.
Staff who reside in housing are provided with 3 meals a day. Meals are served buffet style in the Staff Dining Room at the Lodge. All staff are expected to bus their own dishes and utensils and keep the dining room and buffet area picked-up. The Chef makes an effort to prepare meals that are varied, healthy, and good to eat and encourages your suggestions and comments. Staff who do not live on property have the option to purchase a meal plan and dine in the Staff Dining Room.
What To Bring
Spending your summer at Basin Harbor is much like heading off to college. We can provide linens and towels for you but feel free to bring your own if you prefer. The rooms will be furnished with dressers, chair, nightstand, lighting, bed and pillow. We suggest that you not bring valuables with you. It is the employee’s responsibility to lock their room. BH is not responsible for any lost or stolen goods.